Roasted Garlic with Roquefort
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut ½ inch from the top end (opposite root end) of each garlic head, exposing cloves.
- Remove any loose papery outer skin.
- Place garlic, cut side up, in center of a 10-inch square cut from a double thickness of heavy aluminum foil.
- Bring foil up around the garlic bulb to form a bowl.
- Sprinkle garlic with rosemary and basil over bulb and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon butter on each bulb.
- Close the foil completely by twisting the tops and place in oven under medium heat or on rack of uncovered grill for 30 minutes- this may all be prepared 8 hours in advance- cover and chill.
- Melt Roquefort until creamy and serve by spreading cheese on the slices of bread and put garlic cloves on top with fork.