Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
A really flavorful vinaigrette that I found on another website. This is super good on a tomato, mozzarella and basil salad.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- splash olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Slice off the top of the garlic bulb, just enough to barely expose the garlic inside each clove.
- Place the bulb in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven and cook the garlic until it is golden brown and soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- When the roasted garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the pulp from 6 of the cloves and mash with a mortar and pestle, or with a fork. (Store the remaining cloves in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Put the garlic in a food processor and add the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and puree.
- Slowly add the olive oil and stock through the feed tube, and puree until the vinaigrette is creamy. If it is too thick add a teaspoon of stock until the consistency is correct.
- Add the shallots and tarragon. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.