Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The roasted garlic adds wonderful flavor. Delicious and elegant. Great for a dinner party.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces fontina or 8 ounces muenster cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cut a thin slice off of the garlic head and place on a sheet of tinfoil. Drizzle with oil and wrap foil loosely around the garlic.
- Prick potatoes.
- Bake both potatoes and garlic in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour.Remove from oven.
- Cut potatoes in half crosswise. Scoop out center into a bowl and mash.
- Squeeze garlic out of shell into the potatoes.
- Add sour cream, 3/4 of the Fontina cheese, all of the parmesian cheese and beat until fluffy.
- Spoon into the potato shells and place in a baking dish standing up.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon pieces and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.