Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's hard to go wrong with baked potato. I love the roasted garlic in this particular recipe.
- 4 whole baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- Bake potato until done.
- Let cool until they can be handled.
- Cut in half lengthwise scoop out most of potato into bowl.
- Add the garlic, 1/4 cup sour cream, butter, salt & pepper.
- Mash together and fill hollowed out potato skins.
- Bake again in 400 degree oven until brown.
- Garnish with rest of sour cream and chives.
Very good, I made these for DH's birthday dinner, he loved them. I did have to change them a bit, I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream, becel instead of butter and green onion instead of chives. Actually baked 3 potatoes for the two of us and piped them into two shells through a plastic bag. Also finished them off by melting cheddar cheese on top. Thanks for posting I will make them again.
An easy way to dress up a potato-like the poster, I also loved the roasted garlic in it. I made two potatos and used finely chopped green onion instead of chives which I didn't have on hand.