Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer that your family and friends will ooooooh and aaaaaaaah over. Enjoy!
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil, enough to lightly coat
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bulb of garlic, smashed to remove skins
- 1 baguette, loaf sliced into rounds
- 6 -8 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Put whole tomatoes, whole peeled garlic cloves, springs of rosemary in a pie plate.
- Drizzle with EVOO, enough to have 1/4" in the bottom of the pie plate.
- Place in oven and roast until garlic is soft & mushy. Approx 15 minutes. Allow more time if the mixture is too "wet". Remove from oven.
- Slice baguette into rounds. Brush one side of each round with olive oil from the garlic & tomato mixture. Pop under the broiler (middle rack of oven) until crunchy and lightly browned. approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove rosemary springs, garlic and tomatoes from pie plate. (can leave some rosemary leaves behind), add all to a bowl for mashing.
- Mash together tomatoes and garlic. Place in a small serving bowl.
- Spread baguette rounds with goat cheese and top with tomato garlic mixture.