Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Prepared Pantry.com This was so good served over spaghetti. It's quick and you just need a can of tomatoes, a couple of dried spices and a 1-3 fresh garlic cloves. The left-over sauce was even better the next day. Be careful with the salt, as there may be added salt in the canned tomatoes.
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Mash the garlic cloves into a paste with the back of a knife in bottom of a saucepan. Stir in the olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes.Cook over medium heat to the boiling point and then simmer for ten minutes to thicken.
- Immediately stir in the basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and serve.
Sauce with PIZZAZZ! I told DH that i was onto something really good and different! He mumbled somethng about making him rich. That man...that man...slays me. Made for Bargain Basement Recipe Tag.