1 hr 30 mins
I created this soup for my friend, Sharon, who shares the love of sweet potatoes! Tiny bites of spicy Andouiile sausage give it zip but can be served without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 lb andouille sausage, diced (or any other lean and spicy sausage)
- 1In a large stock pot add chicken broth, sweet potatoes, apple, onion, celery, red pepper, and carrots and bring to a boil.
- 2Turn down the heat to a low simmer.
- 3Squeeze the cloves out of the roasted garlic and set aside.
- 4Simmer until everything is very soft, approximately one hour.
- 5Add garlic cloves.
- 6Use the immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend soup until smooth, return to pot.
- 7Add Thyme sprigs and cream, stir well and slow simmer for 5 minutes until all is incorporated.
- 8Saute the Andouille over med-high heat until crispy and add to the pot.
- 9Stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 1238.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: