Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fajita marinade rocks. I just came up with this yesterday. I whipped it up last night, let the skirt steak marinade overnight and I'm still savoring the flavor. I used Roasted Garlic Oil for the oil and the garlic. I also tossed the peppers and onions in the oil. **Note** Well I finally tried this recipe with chicken and it turned out great. I recommend that if you use chicken over beef. Make sure you leave the chicken breast whole, marinade it overnight and grill it whole, then slice it into strips. Enjoy.
- 5 chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup margarita mix
- 1⁄4 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup tequila, citrus flavored
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 bell peppers (I like red and yellow)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 -3 lbs skirt steaks
- Mix all ingredients in a blender except the bell peppers and onion. Blend until smooth.
- Cut skirt steak into smaller steak sized pieces.
- Place steak and marinade in a large freezer bag over night.
- cook steak over a grill or under a broiler or in a cast iron skillet. I use a cast iron grill pan under the broiler.
- When meat is to desired doneness, wrap in foil and let rest for 5 minute.
- while meat is resting, toss sliced bell peppers and onion in the tablespoon f garlic oil and sear in a super freaking hot cast iron skillet.
- Cut meat across the grain on a bias and toss with the peppers, onions and the juices in the foil.
- Serve with -- Wait a minute, if you need this part explained, you don't have an internet hookup under your rock.
This does rock, ROV. I used chicken as I am not a big meat eater. My boyfriend enjoyed this very very much. Thanks for a keeper. All the best for the new year!
Over-the-top delicious! Absolutely loved the flavors and will be making again and again. Thank you ROV!