1/3 Photos of Roasted Garlic Steak Fajitas
ROV Chef's Note:
This fajita marinade rocks. I just came up with this yesterday. I whipped it up last night, let the skirt steak marinade overnight and I'm still savoring the flavor. I used Roasted Garlic Oil for the oil and the garlic. I also tossed the peppers and onions in the oil. **Note** Well I finally tried this recipe with chicken and it turned out great. I recommend that if you use chicken over beef. Make sure you leave the chicken breast whole, marinade it overnight and grill it whole, then slice it into strips. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup margarita mix
- 1/4 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 cup tequila, citrus flavored
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- 1Mix all ingredients in a blender except the bell peppers and onion. Blend until smooth.
- 2Cut skirt steak into smaller steak sized pieces.
- 3Place steak and marinade in a large freezer bag over night.
- 4cook steak over a grill or under a broiler or in a cast iron skillet. I use a cast iron grill pan under the broiler.
- 5When meat is to desired doneness, wrap in foil and let rest for 5 minute.
- 6while meat is resting, toss sliced bell peppers and onion in the tablespoon f garlic oil and sear in a super freaking hot cast iron skillet.
- 7Cut meat across the grain on a bias and toss with the peppers, onions and the juices in the foil.
- 8Serve with -- Wait a minute, if you need this part explained, you don't have an internet hookup under your rock.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Steak Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.6
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 1904.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: