Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great on veggies, potatoes, pasta, rice. Top a grilled steak, fish or chicken. Spread on your favorite bread or dip a breadstick into it. Blend into cream cheese for a garlic spread. The uses are endless.
- Cut garlic crosswise in half and spread some oil on cut surface, wrap in foil.
- Roast in 375°F oven about 45-50 minutes.
- Till soft and golden.
- Squeeze the meat out of the skins season with salt and pepper add enough oil to taste while using a fork to smash till smooth and creamy. Mix in rosemary.
- Can be frozen.
- Just bring to room temperature and mix with a fork.
- Use on whatever you like or do like me and use on everything!
You don't know how great is this until you don't try it!Luckily,my little ones like garlic too,so I mixed some in their sour cream.That was the first thing gone from their dishes!Thank you,Rita.
For garlic-lovers, this recipe is an absolute gem! And it's just so easy to make when you have something else in the oven. I've already made it twice: the first batch disappeared so quickly that, the second time, I made a double batch! And I can see it becoming one of the staples in my fridge! I've mixed it into mashed potatoes, blended it into a pasta side-dish and used it blended with a little cream cheese and a little Greek yoghurt (blended till the consistency was as I wanted it) to make the most scrumptious spread for sandwiches. With a spread like this and some prosciutto and roasted red pepper – or whatever takes your fancy – and presto: a yummy plus sandwich! Thanks, Rita, for sharing this fabulous recipe! Like you, I will be using it on, with and in so many dishes!
Made this last weekend and will be making it for an Italian get together we are having in a couple of weeks. Thanks for submitting the recipe.