Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious spread that has roasted garlic, plum tomatoes and cream cheese as the starring ingredients. Totally addictive! Serve with baked pita chips or crusty bread.
- 2 heads garlic, unpeeled
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice off top quarter of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves.
- (Do no separate cloves.) Place in a small baking dish; surround with tomato wedges.
- Drizzle oil over garlic and tomatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until garlic is soft and golden brown; cool completely.
- Gently squeeze garlic heads from root ends to remove roasted garlic cloves from papery skins; place in a small mixing bowl.
- Chop roasted tomatoes and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, oregano and salt; mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with baked pita chips.
Ridgely, this is good. I used an 8 oz. package of plain cream cheese instead of the chive & onion cream cheese. However, it did require a good splash of Tabasco! Thanks for posting...Janet
Absolutely delish. I made this for a potluck, and everyone raved about this spread. Comes together very easily, and the taste is just yummy. Will be adding this to our Christmas menu for sure! Thanks!