Recipe by Ridgely
A delicious spread that has roasted garlic, plum tomatoes and cream cheese as the starring ingredients. Totally addictive! Serve with baked pita chips or crusty bread.
Top Review by Jezski
Ridgely, this is good. I used an 8 oz. package of plain cream cheese instead of the chive & onion cream cheese. However, it did require a good splash of Tabasco! Thanks for posting...Janet
- 2 heads garlic, unpeeled
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice off top quarter of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves.
- (Do no separate cloves.) Place in a small baking dish; surround with tomato wedges.
- Drizzle oil over garlic and tomatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until garlic is soft and golden brown; cool completely.
- Gently squeeze garlic heads from root ends to remove roasted garlic cloves from papery skins; place in a small mixing bowl.
- Chop roasted tomatoes and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, oregano and salt; mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with baked pita chips.