Recipe by VeggiesByCandlelight
Hummus is one of those recipes that is great to have in your pocket .. it's healthy & can be used in so many ways
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- 2 1⁄2 cups raw spinach
- 1 1⁄2 heads roasted garlic (** or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- &frac 14 cup olive oil (a little more to thin, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (ground cumin paprika, or sumac, or to taste, plus a sprinkling for garnish)
- 1 pinch salt, & pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor & pulse 5-10 times.
- Add the the rest of the ingredients.
- Purée for one or two minutes, adding cooking liquid or olive oil (a tablespoon at a time) until the mixture is to your desired smoothness.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice).
- Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin, paprika, sumac, parsley, pine nuts, or sliced black olives.
- Refrigerate for up to a couple days or freeze for months.