Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen spinach
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- Peel away outer leaves from head of garlic, leaving skin of garlic cloves intact.
- Cut off pointed top portion of head (about 1/4 inch) with a knife, leaving the bulb intact.
- Place on a double-thick, 12-inch square of foil.
- Drizzle garlic with the oil.
- Fold foil to enclose garlic.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, except omit salt.
- Drain well; press out excess liquid.
- Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into food processor bowl, discarding skins.
- Add the drained spinach, milk, hot pepper sauce, and 0.125 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and process until well combined.
- Add cream cheese.
- Cover; process until nearly smooth.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
Great stuff - DH loved the garlic in it and I love any spinich dip that does not use the soup mix. Thanks for our healthy new keeper!