Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great spice rub from Michael Chiarello and NapaStyle.
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons finely ground sea salt, preferably gray salt
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 pinch chili powder, to taste
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the garlic cloves very thin.
- Place sheets of parchment paper on a baking sheet, then place the sliced garlic between the sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the garlic slices are dry, about 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow garlic to cool.
- Transfer the cooled garlic to a grinder, then add the salt, peppercorns, mustard powder, and chili powder, and grind all into a powder.
- Serve over popcorn, added to potato chips, or as a dry rub on meats and seafood.