Abby Girl's Note:
Delish soup!! Don't forget to use the parmesan cheese and the lemon wedge...it totally made the soup spectacular!!! To make it simpler, use peeled garlic you get in a bag from Costco. I roasted a tray of garlic, use what I needed and the rest went into the freezer. You can also freeze cloves of garlic to use in soup, stews, etc..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Place 26 garlic cloves in small glass baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.
- 3Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add roasted garlic and 18 raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes.
- 4Add chicken stock; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, purée soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan; add cream and bring to simmer.
- 5Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.).
- 6Divide grated cheese among 4 bowls and ladle soup over. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Soup With Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.0
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 562.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g