Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So simple and so good!
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and unpeeled
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons yogurt or 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 eggs, poached
- Put the garlic cloves in a baking dish and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan to yield more roasted garlic pulp. Roast at 350°F for 45 - 60 minutes. When cool, remove and discard the skins, and set aside the cloves. Heat the butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion and thyme and cook until the onion is fragrant and translucent. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add vinegar (add half here, and more to taste later if you like) and scrape up any bits of onion that may have gotten stuck to the bottom of your pan. Then add the reserved roasted garlic, the tomato sauce, and water. Cook at a bare simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes. Let the soup cool enough that it won't explode your blender, then puree it. Return it to the pot and heat it up again. Pour into bowls, and serve with a generous dollop of creme fraiche, olive croutons, egg, and parsley.
Very nice! I was craving soup and this fit the bill nicely! I used a tomato sauce with Italian seasonings and instead of water used vegetable broth. Just what I needed, thanks!