Recipe by Budgiegirl
I love garlic. I put it into everything but it never occurred to me to put it in soup. This recipe is a little time consuming due to having to roast the garlic but it's well worth it if you enjoy garlic. 1/2 point per serving for Weight Watchers. This recipe is core.
- 2 garlic heads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach, chopped with stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Remove papery covering from garlic. Don't seperate the cloves.
- Slice the top of each head of garlic off so most of the cloves are exposed.
- Place garlic in a small baking dish.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over each head.
- Cover dish with foil and roast 45 minutes or until garlic is soft and lightly browned. When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic pulp into a medium sauce pan.
- Add broth, stir well to combine.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in spinach and simmer until wilted, about 4 minutes.