Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
a quick weeknight side dish, that can be easily prepared..
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coursely chopped roasted garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Place potato pieces in a large microvave-safe bowl.
- Cover bowl, with plastic wrap, and cut a 1 inch slit in center of plastic wrap.
- Microwave at 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl, and mash with a potato masher.
What a cool way to cook mashed potatoes! That deserved 5 stars alone, but the taste was great too. Just the right amount of garlic. Didn't use sage because I didn't have any. Maybe next time. Thanks for a great side that was super easy weekend cooker! Made for PRMR 2012