Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from Rachel Ray! I make these with Garlic Ribeye Steaks and my husband cannot get enough! And these are so easy. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 full bulb of garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut top off from the garlic bulb to expose the several garlic cloves inside.
- Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap bulb in foil.
- Place in 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cut red potatoes in 1/2 and put in boiling water. Salt the water and cover the pot. Cook until tender. The potatoes should be ready in approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Pour cream and 1 tablespoons butter in hot pot and warm on the stove while potatoes drain.
- Squeeze garlic from the bulb into the pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potatoes to pot and smash.
- Stir and enjoy.
My life is now complete. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
Mashed potatoes and Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy...pure comfort food. The garlic required about 40 minutes to be nice and mellow and I did cheat and used low fat milk enriched with some chicken stock. Made for *PAC Fall 2009*