Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from Rachel Ray! I make these with Garlic Ribeye Steaks and my husband cannot get enough! And these are so easy. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 full bulb of garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut top off from the garlic bulb to expose the several garlic cloves inside.
- Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap bulb in foil.
- Place in 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cut red potatoes in 1/2 and put in boiling water. Salt the water and cover the pot. Cook until tender. The potatoes should be ready in approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Pour cream and 1 tablespoons butter in hot pot and warm on the stove while potatoes drain.
- Squeeze garlic from the bulb into the pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potatoes to pot and smash.
- Stir and enjoy.
My life is now complete. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
Mashed potatoes and recipe #359070...pure comfort food. The garlic required about 40 minutes to be nice and mellow and I did cheat and used low fat milk enriched with some chicken stock. Made for *PAC Fall 2009*