Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
I found this recipie in a Southern Living magazine. I love garlic potatoes, this is a very good version.
- 2 small bulbs of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lbs red potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh chives
- Cut off pointed end of garlic bulb.
- Place garlic bulb on a piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with oil.
- Fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour; cool.
- Squeeze pulp from garlic, set aside.
- Cook potatoes in a dutch oven, in boiling salted water to cover 20 to 25 min or until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with roasted garlic pulp, cream cheese, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Garnish, if desired.
Creamy goodness. I did not add the total amount called for in the cream cheese and sour cream and omitted most of the butter but they were still insanely creamy. Great recipe Made for Alphabet Soup Tag Jan 2009