Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for Panini sandwiches. This recipe came with my panini maker.
- 10 shallots
- 5 heads garlic
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cut the tops off garlic heads.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over each garlic head.
- Sprinkle salt on each.
- Wrap garlic heads in aluminum foil.
- Place in 425-450 degree oven fro 40-45 minutes (until the garlic is soft and browned).
- Trim shallots.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and add salt.
- Wrap in 2 packets of aluminum foil.
- Place shallots into oven the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting the garlic.
- Roast until golden brown, about 15 minutes, then cool to room temperature.
- Place peeled garlic and shallots into a food processor, add remaining ingredients, and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.