Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For Kids with adventurous palates and adults who enjoy a change from tomato sauce this white garlic sauce is a nice option for Italian dishes, tasty and elegant. (From a Southern Living Cookbook published in 2000, Birmingham AL)
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (not the pregrated kind)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut off pointed end of garlic bulbs.
- Place garlic on a piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil, fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30min.
- remove from oven and cool.
- Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves.
- Cook pulp, whipping cream, butter, and flour in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stirring untili smooth.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!