1/2 Photos of Roasted Garlic Rosemary Chicken
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is an Emeril Recipe that I changed a little bit. My friends love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the top 1/4 off of the garlic heads so that the tops of the cloves are exposed. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle them well with olive oil.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°, cook garlic for about 40 minutes or until you see that the garlic cloves have browned, and the head itself is soft. Remove and let cool for handling.
- 3Wash chicken and place in baking pan breast up.
- 4With the handle of a wooden spoon, or anything that will slide without tearing the skin, separate the skin from the meat starting at the lower breast, and taking your time until you have loosened all the skin that you can reach.
- 5Make a small cut in the skin on top of the drumsticks, and insert the spoon into the cut, loosening all the skin on the legs and thighs.
- 6Gently squeeze all the garlic heads into a blender, the cloves will be soft and will slide out of the shell easily.
- 7Add the juice from half the lemon, the rosemary, and black pepper.
- 8Turn the blender on low and after mixture is working, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture. Stop when mixture is mixed.
- 9Using either your fingers, a pastry bag, or however you can do it, (I just use my fingers and a spoon) insert about half of the mixture under the chicken skin and then gently press down on it to spread it around evenly under the skin.
- 10Place onion and lemon inside the chicken, tie legs together, wipe the outside lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with Emeril's essence to taste.
- 11Bake in preheated oven at 350° for about 50 minutes or until almost done and the outside is browning nicely.
- 12Remove chicken and spread the remaining mixture over the chicken to cover.
- 13Return to oven and cook until the surface is browned and the chicken is tender.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Rosemary Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.7
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 461.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 46.2 g