Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is very versatile. The roasted garlic puree can be used on cooked vegetables, fish, steaks, salad greens and baked potatoes.
- 6 garlic heads (large ones, approximately 72 cloves)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces blue cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried dill, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- red cabbage head (optional)
- Remove outer covering on garlic. Do not peel or separate the cloves. Place each garlic head on a large square of heavy aluminum foil. Fold up the foil so the cloves are completely wrapped. Bake for 1 hour at 350°F Remove garlic from oven and cool for ten minutes. Separate cloves and squeeze cloves to remove cooked garlic. Discard skins.
- In food processor, mix garlic, cheeses, milk, and dill until smooth. Place in serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve in hollowed out red cabbage in basket surrounded by assorted vegetables for dipping.
- Note: This recipe is very versatile. The roasted garlic puree can be used on cooked vegetables, fish, steaks, salad greens and baked potatoes.