Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another from Heart-Healthy Magazine. When you are in a hurry, you can used bottled minced garlic in place of the fresh.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, quartered or 2 lbs tiny new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a covered saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes. (I use the microwave.) In a large bowl, combine the hot potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potato mixture to a grill basket or grill pan.
- For a charcoal grill, place grill basket or grill pan on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender, turning basket or tossing potatoes in grill pan serveral times during grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill and reduce heat to medium. Cover and grill as above.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkly with the sliced green onions.