Recipe by Bergy
I checked through Recipezaar and couldn't find any like this one that I threw together for lunch today. The secret is the roasted garlic (there are many recipes for roasting garlic here on Recipezaar I used Mean Chefs') - I just did 15 heads and froze them and they are wonderful. The potatoes I used are wee little runts from the garden only about 1/2" across but any potato will do peeled & diced.
Top Review by liliya_99
The soup was very tasty, but really need a little extra something (maybe the garlic croutons?). I crashed some soy chips that I had in the pantry and it became absolutely delicious. I didn't puree it.
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml small potatoes, cleaned or 473.18 ml potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 10 roasted garlic cloves, squeezed out of husk, chopped
- 177.44 ml grated carrot
- 236.59 ml fresh frenched green beans
- 236.59 ml broccoli, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2.46 ml dry oregano
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the stock on to heat and put in the, prepared potatoes, bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile while the potatoes are getting a head start prepare all the other vegetables, add to the pot, along with garlic, oregano, thyme salt and pepper, bring to a boil again, turn heat down to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- You may puree the soup or not - your choice.
- I like to add some garlic croutons but it isn't necessary.