I checked through Recipezaar and couldn't find any like this one that I threw together for lunch today. The secret is the roasted garlic (there are many recipes for roasting garlic here on Recipezaar I used Mean Chefs') - I just did 15 heads and froze them and they are wonderful. The potatoes I used are wee little runts from the garden only about 1/2" across but any potato will do peeled & diced.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups small potatoes, cleaned or 2 cups potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 10 roasted garlic cloves, squeezed out of husk, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup fresh frenched green beans
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the stock on to heat and put in the, prepared potatoes, bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile while the potatoes are getting a head start prepare all the other vegetables, add to the pot, along with garlic, oregano, thyme salt and pepper, bring to a boil again, turn heat down to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- You may puree the soup or not - your choice.
- I like to add some garlic croutons but it isn't necessary.