1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Serve hot with sausage and crusty bread for a hearty winter meal. Or serve cold with a light salad and a crisp white wine for a refreshing yet filling summer dish. From the Austin American-Statesman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, white part only, trimmed and diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 quarts chicken stock, clear
- 2 quarts heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1Place garlic and canola oil in a small saucepan. Simmer until golden brown. Strain the garlic from the oil. (The oil can be discarded, or saved for another recipe.).
- 2Pour olive oil in a 5-6 quart stockpot over medium high heat. Add shallot, leeks and potatoes. Saute 12-15 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown.
- 3Deglaze the pan with the wine, and reduce to 1/3 the original volume of liquid.
- 4Add chick stock and cream. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 5Pour soup into blender, add half the garlic, and process until smooth. (Be careful with the hot liquid. If you have an immersion blender, use that instead.).
- 6Return soup to stockpot over low heat. Add seasonings and blend well.
- 7Garnish with remaining garlic gloves.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.2
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 37.6 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g