Recipe by HappyVal
I love potatoes and I love roasted garlic. Combining the two are delicious!!!
Top Review by Bergy
Excellent recipe! I did the potatoes on a baking stone and they came out crisp & golden on the outside and perfect inside - . I left the garlic on the potatoes while roasting them I love the flavor of the garlic when it is completely roasted. It's crunchy and yes, perhaps slightly bitter, but I find it has a distinct flavor that I love This will be a frequent visitor to our house Thanks HappyVal — Added Comments - this time I roasted them in a casserole dish and served the roasted garlic on the side - that way everyone could take as much or littleof the garlic as they wanted -I had loads of it! Thanks again
- 4 large potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil (or use your favorite herbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the garlic by placing cloves and oil in a small oven dish (or make a packet with heavy duty aluminum foil).
- Bake@ 375 for 35-45 minutes.
- While garlic is roasting, clean and cut potatoes into bite size pieces (you may leave the peelings on or peel them off, whichever you perfer).
- Rinse well and dry potatoes completely.
- When garlic is done roasting combine the oil (take out the garlic cloves>>garlic will burn and become bitter if cooked too long<<, reserve the garlic for later), and the potatoes and all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat potatoes well and evenly.
- Spread out potatoes on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake@ 375 for an hour.
- Garlic cloves can be added after baking is done, or keep cloves in an airtight container in the fridge for a later use (like garlic mashed potatoes, Delicious!).