Recipe by keen5
This has been a big hit, everytime I've served it. It is great for large groups, like church suppers. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home magazine.
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Cut top off garlic heads, leaving root end intact.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice; mix well.
- Rub over roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots and onion around roast.
- Pour water into the pan.
- Sprinkle meat and vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover; bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, basting often.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.