Recipe by justtakealook82
Great recipe I got out of Cooking Light magazine. When storing, press plastic wrap against its surface to keep the dip from oxidizing and turning brown. Great as a spread on sandwiches or alone as a dip.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled, coarsely mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wrap garlic cloves in foil, bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until soft. Let cool slightly, remove skins. Place garlic in a medium bowl, mash with fork.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, discard seeds and membranes. Brush olive oil on peppers. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil lined baking sheet, flatten with hand.
- Broil 15 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently. Place in a zip-top bag, seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop.
- Add peppers, onions, and next 4 ingredients to mashed garlic, stir well.