Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Zippy pepper, garlic & lemon chicken breasts. Low fat, low sodium.
- 1⁄2 cup roasted garlic clove
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon morton lite salt
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs chicken breasts or 3 lbs turkey breast
- Make a brine by combining the garlic, water, salt, pepper and olive oil in a ziploc bag. Squeeze the juice from the lemon wedges into the brine and add the bay leaves. Shake to dissolve the salt. Place the chicken breast in the bag after rinsing it under cold water. Squeeze out all the air from the bag and seal. Refrigerate all day to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350. Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan, breast side up. Roast for about an hour or until a meat thermometer inserted reads 160 degrees.
- See recipe for roasting garlic if you are not sure how.
- Serving size - 6 oz.