Recipe by Rita~
I've made anything from 1 bulb to a whole bag full at one time. When I make a bag full I squeeze all the garlic into a jar then cover with olive oil and refrigerate till I need it. Which is very soon! Use as a spread on bread, potatoes, roasts, Add to butter or olive oil. Put into dressings. Mashed potatoes just love them!!!In the picture is the roasted garlic and the Roasted Garlic Spread #92370 Check out this thread http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226006 of different versions of roasting garlic.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 20 bulbs garlic (or as little "or" as much as you want)
- 1 lb white pearl onion (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 four inch sprigs rosemary, minced
- 4 four inch sprigs thyme, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pointed end off garlic bulb & pearl onions.
- Rub olive oil on garlic and onions sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap in foil keeping top open (so they caramelize not steam) or place in a heavy bottom pan and bake 375 for 1 hour. Baste with oil from the bottom of pan 1/2 way through.
- Use freely with whatever you desire.
- Options --.
- I remove all the garlic and onions from the skin(which you can save the skin to make a stock with)then place the garlic and onions in a container and freeze or.
- In the pan you roasted it in pour olive oil in and simmer while loosening all the bits of goodness from the bottom of the pan. Cool the oil then top the garlic and onions. Refrigerate to use on everything.
- Mash and add to home made dressing.
- Toss into day old bread cubes for croutons.
- Spread on fresh crisp bread (My personal favorite).
- you really have to check out my recipe for roasted garlic mashed potatoes!