1/8 Photos of Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs
1 hr 15 mins
I've made anything from 1 bulb to a whole bag full at one time. When I make a bag full I squeeze all the garlic into a jar then cover with olive oil and refrigerate till I need it. Which is very soon! Use as a spread on bread, potatoes, roasts, Add to butter or olive oil. Put into dressings. Mashed potatoes just love them!!!In the picture is the roasted garlic and the Roasted Garlic Spread #92370 Check out this thread http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226006 of different versions of roasting garlic.
My Private Note
Big Jar ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pointed end off garlic bulb & pearl onions.
- 2Rub olive oil on garlic and onions sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- 3Wrap in foil keeping top open (so they caramelize not steam) or place in a heavy bottom pan and bake 375 for 1 hour. Baste with oil from the bottom of pan 1/2 way through.
- 4Use freely with whatever you desire.
- 5Options --.
- 6I remove all the garlic and onions from the skin(which you can save the skin to make a stock with)then place the garlic and onions in a container and freeze or.
- 7In the pan you roasted it in pour olive oil in and simmer while loosening all the bits of goodness from the bottom of the pan. Cool the oil then top the garlic and onions. Refrigerate to use on everything.
- 8Mash and add to home made dressing.
- 9Toss into day old bread cubes for croutons.
- 10Spread on fresh crisp bread (My personal favorite).
- 11you really have to check out my recipe for roasted garlic mashed potatoes!
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: