Recipe by evelyn/athens
Great for that next 'special occassion'.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Garlic lovers' paté extraordinaire! Tasted just sensational. Easy to follow instructions and very easy to make. Looks like I'll be buying several extra heads of garlic often now! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Evelyn.
- 2 large heads of garlic
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (you may need slightly more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap each head of garlic in a double thickness of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the middle of a 300F oven until soft, about 40-45 minute Set aside until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Remove foil and separate cloves from the heads of garlic.
- Pinch each clove to remove it from its skin and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add cheese and pepper. Process for 30 seconds.
- With machine running add olive oil until mixture has the texture of softly whipped potatoes.
- Serve with crackers or as a topping for baked potatoes (divine!) or fettucine or linguine.