Recipe by Astraea Virga
A sweetly mellow taste of garlic. Amazing brushed onto buttery grilled breads, vegetables, anywhere you would use garlic and butter. --- Can be prepared ahead of time. Will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Cdubs
This was the way that I wanted the paste to turn out. I opened the foil and let it roast an additional 15 minutes. I roasted a tray of halved grape tomatoes at the same time, pureed them all together with some 1/2 and 1/2 and salt and basil and served over angel hair with some romano cheese. The roasted garlic was wonderful and flavorful. I like roasting it at the higher temp so it is sure to get to the paste consistency.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tops off the two garlic heads to expose or open the individual cloves.
- Drizzle olive over both.
- Wrap garlic loosely in foil (cut ends upward).
- Bake 35 minutes, until soft and pliable.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic out of cloves.