Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like garlic...you'll love this dish. Make it Italian style or Cajun style!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 7 heads garlic, peeled
- 3⁄4 lb your favorite pasta (I like farfale or bowtie)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup fresh oregano, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- NOTE: If you'd like this to be more a cajun flare, add your favorite cajun seasoning salt and change the oregano to parsley Preheat the oven to 250 F degrees.
- In a 9 x 12 inch baking dish, combine 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and the peeled whole garlic cloves.
- Roast, uncovered, tossing every 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta in boiling water over high heat for 8 to 12 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Return to the saucepan, cover and keep warm over low heat.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 cups broth and the oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and pepper flakes.
- Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until garlic turns golden brown but not brown.
- Add the pasta, roasted garlic and reserved pasta water.
- Toss and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the pasta to absorb the sauce.
- Add oregano and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a salad and garlic toast.
The cook time was more than i expected, but it was worthwhile! I used some butter in addition to the olive oil. Nice dish