Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different kind of "crouton" for your salad or to top your veggie dish. Store in the refrigerator. This is really good.
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a shallow baking pan, toss the slivered almond with the olive oil.
- Spread almonds so that they are in a single layer.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese with garlic salt and sprinkle over the almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir once while baking.
Once baked all the seasoning fell off. The garlic and cheese did not stick
A great "perk up" to any salad or vegetable dish. I tried this as a topper on some sauteed green beans and it was delicious. I put this into little spice bags and included it in my Xmas goody baskets. Thx Marie.
Very tasty salad toppers! I used vegan parmesean (because I had it to use up) and these tasted really good. Dark color and good flavor!