Recipe by conniecooks
I made this the other day. It is a very yummy salad. Roasted Garlic & onion Jam, can be purchased in gourmet shops. Cooking time is sitting time.
Top Review by Trinkets
Connie, This is such a great salad, thanks so much for sharing! I found some arugula had popped back up in the garden so this morning I searched for a new salad recipe. And am I glad I did! I used the Stonewall Kitchens brand of roasted garlic and sweet onion jam. I was out of Dijon but really did not miss it as the jam holds it all together. Next time I'll be sure to add it, though because it probably adds another taste dimension. Delicious, can't wait to think of other uses for this dressing. This salad with the blue cheese and toasted pecans and slightly sweet dressing with the peppery arugula is wonderful! We're having it tonight with some Parmesan crusted Turkey cutlets, and baked fennel in Vermouth.
For the vinaigrette
- 5 tablespoons roasted garlic and sweet onion jam
- 1⁄3 cup champagne vinegar or 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the jam slightly in the microwave.
- Mix ingredients together for Vinaigrette in a jar and shake.
- Check for seasoning, and add salt & pepper.
- Let sit for flavours to marry at least 1/2 hour.
- For salad:.
- Toast pecans over low heat in a skillet for ten minutes.
- Wash and dry greens.
- Toss together, nuts, cheese, greens with vinaigrette.