Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe calls for a mix of ground pork and groound beef, but you can use all beef if you want. This can also be made into burgers or moatloaf. This is best if you mix it the night before cooking. Prep time does not include time to raost garlic.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 heads roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine ground veal, ground pork, and ground beef. Add eggs, parsley, garlic, cheese, bread crumbs, black pepper cayenne pepper, and salt; mix well.
- Shape into meatballs (golf ball size).
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes until done, turning once.
This made up into really moist and quite tasty meatballs. The roasted garlic really shone through. I made mine golf ball size and got 8 out of a quarter mixture. I personally think the cayenne was an off flavour in these and would try either fennel seeds or nutmeg for preference. I think the meatballs would then be good served with a creamy gravy. I used a mix of beef and pork.