Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from Island Flave.com for US Virgin Islands.
- 1 head garlic
- olive oil
- 5 large sweet potatoes (Light yellow ones, not the orange yams)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt and white pepper
- Cut the top off unpeeled garlic head. Drizzle with olive oil, place in baking pan & bake & 250 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop into saucepan and mash.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into the mashed potatoes.
- Add butter, mash while adding cream a little at a time. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Mmmm, these were good! This is the first time I've had sweet potato mash with garlic in it. Will never make it any other way again! I don't mind the white sweet potatoes - it's all you can get here. Other than the color being a bit off sometimes, I like the way they taste. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT9 for the Gourmet Goddesses.
Yummy! The garlic was fabulous in these potatoes; more garlic will be added next time. I think the "orange sweet potatoes" could be used but that is personal preference. Made for ZWT9 for the Gourmet Goddesses July 2013.