Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Recipe from Island Flave.com for US Virgin Islands.
Top Review by lauralie41
Couldnt find yellow sweet potatoes but wanted to try this recipe so I used yams and loved them. Used half and half instead of whipping cream and whipped everything together with my electric hand mixer. Put the potatoes back in a pot to heat thru before serving. If I ever spot yellow sweet potatoes will have to try them too. Made and reviewed for the Culinary Quest 2016 - Bahamas.
- 1 head garlic
- olive oil
- 5 large sweet potatoes (Light yellow ones, not the orange yams)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt and white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top off unpeeled garlic head. Drizzle with olive oil, place in baking pan & bake & 250 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop into saucepan and mash.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into the mashed potatoes.
- Add butter, mash while adding cream a little at a time. Add salt & pepper to taste.