Top Review by alvicki
These are great potatos, however I would like to share a easy way to do roast garlic. Just slice the top of the whole head off just enough to expose the cloves inside. Drizzle the head with olive oil, then wrap in foil. Cook at 350 for about 40 minutes. When it has cooled enough to handle hold the whole head and squeeze. The cooked cloves will come out just like squeezing tooth paste. Squeeze directly in your potato's and mash as usual. For more garlic flavor and another head. Hope you find this helpful..thank you.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- milk or cream, if needed
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate head of garlic into individual cloves.
- Toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in small piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 minutes.
- When the garlic has cooled to the touch you should be able to squeeze it out of the 'paper' shell of the individual cloves.
- Mash the roasted garlic with a fork, or force through a fine strainer.
- If you use a ricer as recommended below, simply rice the garlic along with the potatoes.
- Peel and boil potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Force the cooked potatoes through a ricer (recommended) or mash by your usual method.
- Put the riced potatoes, garlic, sour cream, butter, and salt and white pepper in a mixer bowl, and whip at medium speed until smooth.
- Add cream or milk to adjust consistency.