Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to disguise cauliflower! The kids and adults LOVE it! To roast garlic cut pointed end off bulb rub olive oil on wrap in foil and bake 375 for 1 hour.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- lots pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 head roasted garlic, squeezed out of skins (yes whole bulb not clove)
- boil potatoes and cauliflower together till tender.
- drain and mash potatoes,cauliflower,oil and butter.
- add rest of ingredients mix through.
I made this tonight and didn;t tell my family that there was cauliflower in it or I know they wouldn't have tried it. After their 2nd helping I finally told them. I used about 3 1/2 lbs potatoes with 1 head cauliflower. I used 2 1/2 heads of roasted garlic. This was excllent!!!! Thanks for posting a winner of a recipe!!! Karen
I never would have known there was cauliflower in there if I hadn't put it in myself. Definitely would be a great way to get veggies into kids. I used a ricer for the potatoes and cauliflower and it made the resulting puree lack a lot of structure, which I don't mind, but my husband would like it to have a stronger texture. We will definitely try this again and play around with the best way to mash the veg and seasonings. So glad I tried this.
We were pleasantly surprised with how this turned out. :)