Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 heads garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs peeled and diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place garlic in pan and brush with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 minute until golden brown.
- Let cool, then squeeze garlic from head.
- Boil potatoes for about 15 to 20 minute.
- Add garlic and butter and mash.
- Add milk until desired texture.
These are a very flavorable mash potato. I don't roast the garlic head but just saute crushed garlic in the butter then add the the potatoes. I also use skim milk, low calorie butter and 3 ounces of fat free cream cheese. The cream cheese makes the potatoes really creamy
Yum! I love roasted garlic mashed potatoes and these were great. The aroma is awesome as the garlic is roasting. Simple, tasty, and delish. Thanks Tina Jack for some great comfort food. Made for Cookbook Tag.
I cut the recipe back to two servings with no trouble - I keep roasted garlic in the freezer so it is ready to enjoy with recipes like this one. I did not use butter, much as I love it, but added a bit of chicken broth and 1% milk. Potatoes were enjoyed Thanks for posting your recipe