Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Down Home with the Neely's. I love garlic mashed potatoes so I am anxious to give these a try.
- 1 head garlic
- olive oil
- 2 lbs red potatoes, washed well and quartered
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle head with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet tray and bake until tender and fragrant, roughly 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the cloves and mash with a wooden spoon.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender and drain. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat butter and cream until butter melts. Add the roasted garlic and potatoes and mash all together.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Easy and delicious! They were the perfect side to Nif's Nothing Fancy Meatloaf for dinner last night. I used a little seasoned salt and coarse cracked pepper to season them up. We'll have these again! Made for Family Picks ZWT6.
Yum! I made these with russet potatoes because that's what I had on hand. Very easy and yummy. Thanks cookiedog for some nice comfort food. Made by a fellow Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6 Family Picks.