Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
garlic lovers look out!!! this recipe is amazing!!!
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 butter gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Peel off outer layer of the flaky wrapping covering the garlic.
- drizzle olive oil over garlic and cover with foil.
- place in oven and roast for 20-30 min at 400 degrees.
- dice potatoes and boil in salted water unill soft.
- garlic is done when the pulp is soft and mushy.
- remove the garlic pulp and add to potatoes.
- add butter and cream.
- mash well.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- TIPS- add your cream slowly while mashing to prevent to much liquid in the potatoes.
Made for PAC Spring 08 Roasted Garlic in mashed potatoes...SUBLIME! I did use milk in place of heavy cream...we try to cut fat when we can without compromising flavour.Still YUMMY!
This is a delicious, easy recipe! The only change I made was to reduce the heavy cream to 1/4 cup because we like our potatoes less creamy. Thanks for sharing!