Recipe by annconnolly
Some call this recipe faux potatoes but, I can taste the distinctive flavor of cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk, as required
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup potato flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast garlic in 350 ovens for about 40 minutes, covered with foil.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Add a dash of salt.
- Boil cauliflower for about 7-10 minutes or until completely cooked through but not mushy.
- Drain well.
- (You can steam the cauliflower if you prefer, I do).
- In food processor or blender, add drained cauliflower and remaining ingredients.
- Puree only until smooth adjusting consistancy with a bit of extra milk or potato flakes as needed. The potato flakes are optionaland give it just enough of that "potato" flavor to make it nice.