Recipe by BasilLover
The texture to this dish is just as though you've made them minutes before serving. I'm pretty much a purest, as is most of my family, and these potatoes were a big hit!
Top Review by Janecooksswell
Oh my goodness - there may not be any left for Thanksgiving tomorrow! These are the best and I didn't even follow the directions correctly...boiled the potatoes in salted water instead of broth, and still awesome! Thanks for posting!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 head roasted garlic clove
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in chicken broth, adding water to cover potatoes, if necessary. Once cooked, reserve the liquid.
- Cream the cooked potatoes, roasted garlic and cream cheese. If necessary, use small portions at a time of the reserved liquid to obtain the desired creaminess for the potatoes. (I don't usually need to add much, if at all.).
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a greased, 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cool and refrigerate over night.
- Let the potatoes come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Top with parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.