Recipe by lazyme
From Cafe Tosca, Vashon Island, Washington.
Top Review by Annacia
This was an absolute delight. I used lemon pepper linguine and was liberal with the lemon juice because I love lemon. I think I *might* have over done it with the parsley too but it sure was a good dinner. There was no cheese on mine just to keep from adding more calories, lol. I enjoyed every fork wrapped mouthful. Lazy, your recipes are treasures and I don't think that I have ever tried one that I didn't love.
- 10 ounces linguine, a quality one
- 20 garlic cloves, whole, peeled and trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces sweet butter
- asiago cheese or any other good dry cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook, drain, rinse and chill pasta.
- Oil when cool.
- Refrigerate and cover what you don't use.
- You can bag and use for several more days.
- Oil garlic.
- Cover and oven roast at 425 until tender, about 30 minutes. Or try 10 minutes in the microwave. Cool and reserve.
- Heat medium fry pan.
- Brown garlic.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Saute 30 seconds.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Bring back to heat.
- Dip al dente pasta in hot water for 1 minute.
- Drain and put in pasta bowl.
- Add butter to garlic pan.
- Add a touch more wine if it has cooked away.
- Swirl butter around quickly.
- Add to cooked pasta.
- Toss and top with cheese.
- Best served with toasted Italian bread.