Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yum! Yum! Love this chicken! Very flavorful and super easy to make! Makes a great dinner party meal or Sunday supper!
- 5 lbs whole chickens, quartered
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 12 baby potatoes, skins on
- Place chopped rosemary in baking dish.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice and stir well.
- Place chicken in mixture in dish, skin side down.
- Turn to coat with mixture.
- Cover and place in fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake chicken uncovered for 15 mins.
- Turn chicken pieces and add baby potatoes, turning potatoes to coat with juices in pan.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and remove potatoes from pan.
- Keep potatoes warm.
- Put chicken under broiler for a few minutes until nice and crispy.
- NOTE: Watch carefully while under broiler because juices and oil in pan will get very hot.
- Spoon pan juices onto chicken pieces and baby potatoes and serve.
I thought this was very good. I used 3 large chicken breasts and cooked it 40 minutes instead of 25. The chicken was moist and the flavors wonderful.
I used this recipe to marinate a 5lb. whole chicken. I also made extra marinade for the potatoes. Cooked the chicken (whole) over indirect heat on the grill for 1 3/4 hours. Wrapped the baby potatoes with some of the reserved marinade in foil and added to the grill the last 45 minutes. The whole meal was awesome. I made the marinade exactly as written and I would not change a thing. Will definately make this again. Thanks for a great recipe which uses the fresh rosemary growing in my herb garden. SweetpeaB.